Friday, February 8, 2013

DON'T GIVE UP!! Push through WINTER!

 Sometimes people joke about how it's nice come March or April when other's quit their New Year's Resolutions to come to the gym so that it's less crowded. While it can be hard to deal with a crowded gym, we need to support and root each other on! 

Sometimes it might be easier to put on some Under Armour and go for a quick run or just do some simple exercises at home like push-ups, jumping jacks, and lunges. But whatever you do, DON'T GIVE UP! Especially if you made it a goal to go to the gym, get in shape, or lose weight this year. 




Truth is, I've been feeling the pain of a hard winter here and it's difficult to even get up and down my driveway, let alone make it to the gym 12 miles away. I've also been craving sweets and carbs like it's nobody's business!!!

Here are some great articles (click on links below) from SHAPE magazine website that has some insights and suggestions for those of us that lack the motivation to keep working out and eating healthy this time of year:

SHAPE MAGAZINE - AVOID THE FITNESS CLIFF

22 WAYS TO STAY MOTIVATED AND LOSE WEIGHT








2 comments:

  1. Hey Lynette! I love your blog because I feel like I can relate to how your feeling so much. I was just wondering what kind of diet you are on. I have lost weight but still have like 40 pounds to go, but I just get into this funk, and all I want is to eat. Anyways I was just wondering what kind of diet you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for reading! Well, first of all I can definitely relate. In my first few posts I talked about how I gained 50 pounds with both babies and although it seemed to others like I losing the weight somewhat quickly, I was working my butt off (literally) every day. But I still couldnt lose the last bit of weight to get to my pre-pregnancy weight until I started running at least 3 times a weeks. I hated running before I had babies but afterwards it was a great stress reliever. But diet is a huge part of the process. One of my posts "how healthy is your diet" is a good one to start with. Although I have since learned more information about "sugar free" products. Stay away from them! They contain aspartame that is extremely dangerous to health and emotions. The other article I wrote "the truth about sugar" is another good one to read. Both of those articles contain info about the basic diet I stick to. And I've also learned since writing those the power of protein and how it can help you lose weight! Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions after reading those other articles! :)

      Delete